Learn how to implement the Facebook Conversion API so you can make the most out of your Facebook Ads campaigns, and build effective custom audiences. AnyTrack is part of the Facebook Business Partner program, under the Conversion Data category. The AnyTrack App has been reviewed, and vetted by the Facebook tech team for its accuracy in tracking conversions.
The Facebook Conversion API integration with AnyTrack automates many the most important aspects of your Facebook Ads campaigns, and enables marketers to improve drastically their ads performances.
Benefits of the Facebook Conversion API AnyTrack Integration:
- Full customer journey tracking and attribution.
- Improve ads attribution by sending over 30 data points to Facebook Pixel.
- Enables you to build custom audiences from any campaigns, including non Facebook campaigns and run retargeting ads.
- Provides you with real time facebook ads reporting, including for delayed conversions.
- Full conversion data context tracking – including product purchased.
- eCommerce checkout flow from
- Track affiliate conversions from any Affiliate Network or affiliate tracking software
Check out the FAQ to get the tips on how to implement the facebook conversion api with your marketing and tech stack.
Prerequisites to implement the Facebook Conversion API
👉 To implement the Facebook Conversion API you will need the following:
- A Facebook Business Manager with Admin Access
- A Facebook Pixel on your website
- An AnyTrack account with a paid plan
- A conversion source such as Shopify, ClickFunnels, affiliate account, or any other conversion source that can be integrated in AnyTrack – Check the AnyTrack Integration Catalog to see if your conversion sources are already integrated.
Guide: How to implement the Facebook Conversion API
This guide walks you through the exact setup to connect your AnyTrack account, with the Facebook Conversion API. At the end of the setup, you can visit the facebook event manager and see the first conversion events showing up on your account.
1. Navigate to the AnyTrack Dashboard
This is where you manage your website tracking settings. Your website can be running on any standard html framework or you can use AnyTrack to setup the Facebook Conversion API WordPress or Shopify integration.
2. Click on Tracking Pixels to load the tracking pixels integrations
3. On the Facebook Integration card, Click on Connect Pixel
4. Click on BROWSE to select your Facebook Pixel
5. Select your Facebook Business Manager
Anytrack will automatically load the Facebook Business Managers that are connected with your Facebook account, and under which are listed your Facebook Pixels.
6. And now select your Facebook Pixel from the drop down list
Why the Facebook Pixel?
The Facebook pixel is the backbone of the facebook platform, and the facebook conversion api is directly connected with the Facebook Pixel.
7. Click on Select to confirm your Facebook Pixel
This step will automatically create a Facebook Conversion API access token in your Facebook Business Manager.
8. Now Click on NEXT to access the conversion settings
What are the facebook conversion API settings:
- Enable the Facebook Conversion API connection
- Update the mapping of AnyTrack Standard Events with Facebook Standard Events
- Create custom conversions (in case you have custom conversions that you would like to keep using)
9. Click on Connect in order to enable the Data Connection
This step will enable AnyTrack to fetch your Facebook Campaign Data which will be displayed on your AnyTrack campaigns reports.
10. Now enable the Facebook Conversion API Integration
11. Finally you can Save your settings
You can adjust the Conversion Events mapping to better reflect your business needs, or you can leave the default mapping.
- The default mapping passes standard events to Facebook Conversion API
- The default mapping maps AnyTrack standard events to the Facebook Standard Events.
Facebook Conversion API next steps:
Your Facebook Business Manager is now integrated with AnyTrack which will give all the data you need to start optimizing and improving your Facebook Ads like top agencies.
To improve your traffic and conversion data accuracy, you should add the Facebook tracking template, which will automatically populate standard UTM parameters to your campaign’s URLs.
Facebook Conversion API FAQ
Most frequent questions and answers about Facebook Conversion API
To pass conversion data to the Facebook Conversion API you need to collect traffic, first party data, and conversion data from your website and conversion sources (CRM, eCommerce), and establish a server side connection from your server to the Facebook Conversion API server.
You can develop your own integration following Facebook Developer Guidelines,, or you can connect with a Facebook Business Partner such as AnyTrack which automatically integrates with the Facebook Conversion API.
To manually set the Facebook Conversion API, you need to implement the conversion api following the Facebook Developer guidelines.
The Facebook Conversion API works like the Facebook Pixel, but instead of sending conversion data by loading the facebook pixel on your pate, you send the conversion data directly from your server.
Because the facebook conversion api does not rely on the browser to load the facebook pixels, and instead sends the conversion data from a server, the data cannot be blocked by ad blockers, or browser privacy restrictions. Therefore, when using the facebook conversion api, you improve the quality of the conversion data sent to facebook, increase conversion attribution, and can better leverage facebook ads optimization.
The Facebook Conversion API is extremely complex.
Aside from the standard facebook business requirements, you need to orchestrate both on-site data collection, server-side data processing, and unify the processed data before sending it to the Facebook Conversion API.